Breast augmentation is one of the most common types of plastic surgery procedures performed and breast augmentation price is seen to vary enormously between $5,000 and $15,000. Breast augmentation cost can be understood better by putting together all the average costs for each stage of the process.
Surgeon’s fee — $3,700
Anesthesiologist’s fee — $700
Facility care fee — $900
Pre-op tests – CBC which costs between $15 and $25 and a mammogram, the price for which ranges from $35 for insured patients to $120 for uninsured patients
Post-op care including medicines — $150
While breast augmentation surgery is typically not covered by insurance companies when it is done for cosmetic purposes, the cost for this surgery when performed for reconstructive purposes such as after trauma or breast cancer treatment is likely to be taken care of by insurance companies. Either way there are a number of payment options that can be considered, these include the following.
- Model release forms – many health care facilities request their patients to sign a model release form that will allow them to post before and after pictures of you in exchange for a good discount in the total breast augmentation cost.
- Installment plans – these can be drawn up through an in-house finance program that your surgeon is likely to have.
- Outside financing companies – some outside financing companies might have formed partnerships with your surgeon and you can easily obtain credit from these to take care of your total breast augmentation price.
Breast Implant Types And Prices
Breast implants are sac shapes pouches with an outer silicon coat and are filled with either saline or silicon, these are inserted under the breast tissue to achieve the enlarged look of the breasts. There are a number of different types of breast implants that may be used in this surgery and the choice of implant is likely to make quite a difference on your total breast augmentation price.
- Smooth surfaced or textured
- Round or teardrop shaped
- Low, moderate or high profile
- Manufacturing company
- Saline or silicon
Saline implants usually cost around $1,000 which silicon filled ones are priced at $1,300.
A great way to understand and analyze the average total breast augmentation price is to read through a comprehensive overview of the process and how the costs for each step vary.
- Consultations – this is the initial most stage of the process and this is the time when all the important decision in regard to the surgery such as the type of incision you want, the anesthesia you would like to have administered and the implant type you would want to have inserted are decided. It is also the time when you should sketch a draft of what the total cost will amount to; the fee for consultations is almost always covered under the surgeon’s fee. Costs for tests such as a mammogram and CBC will however need to be paid for separately.
- Surgery – depending on the skill and experience of the surgeon you have chosen and the types of incisions you would like to have made, the surgeon’s fee can vary between $3,000 and $4,000.
- Post-op – monitoring of vitals and medication is covered during this stage which immediately follows the surgery and the costs for this stage should not exceed $150.